Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Love Less Ordinary(ALLO) : Part 1

I'll begin with a quote I got from the tee-vee show, Northern Exposure (which I think not many of us remember. This was like...the 'Ally Mcbeal' of the late 80s, early 90s, you know..the 'quirky' genre.)

"Most of you have been where I am tonight. The crash site of unrequited love. You ask yourself, How did I get here? What was it about? Was it her smile? Was it the way she crossed her legs, the turn of her ankle, the poignant vulnerability of her slender wrists? What are these elusive and ephemeral things that ignite passion in the human heart? That's an age-old question. It's perfect food for thought on a bright midsummer's night."
--Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman, Northern Exposure, The Bumpy Road to Love, 1991

Sublime.

I guess it sums it all up pretty well.Whether or not love is requited, I suppose the emotions experienced are k (where k = constant). This leads me to the topic of the day; "My (in)Ability in Finding a Girlfriend."

*suddenly,i'm at a loss...dunno what to type..haha..anyway..*

I must first thank my friend, Smark, for giving me the opportunity to re-evaluate this little(erm..being what...non-existent?) 'Area 51' of my life.

"Thank you, Smark *takes a bow*......"
"ok,your show's over.Now get off the stage."

Right.

So back to where we were, my (in)ability.
For that matter, some guys I know change girlfriends like clothes. And some ladies I know change boyfriends like erm..make-up, maybe.

I haven't changed anything my entire life.Ok, so here's where my Geminian complexities set in. I want a girlfriend as much as I don't want one.

*So what the fuck you want?*.......And that's a bloody good question, my dear reader.

I suppose, at the end of the day, I just want companionship, like all other humans do. But yet, I like to be alone. Maybe it's because I've got so used to keeping to myself that I cannot fathom being in a relationship with anyone.
Walking in the streets is an interesting experience. Let's take Orchard Road for example(and a very common one at that), you see many couples walking around. Now...with all due respect, I can't recall who it is who once told me, "See..all these couple-couple walking around..envy hor?Why can't I be like them too?"

I just smiled and walked on. (I think...or maybe I said something along the lines of, "Aiyah...it'll come lah.Just be ready when it does.")

I don't really identify with what my friend(whoever you are) said.The following is my general train of thought when I see a couple walking on a street;

"Guy...Lady..normal...nice clothes..oooh...nice eyes/smile..check out that cleavage.Say..wonder where he got that shirt from?Don't think I can fit..haha..they look real happy together..happy thoughts..oh, I'm supposed to turn here."

Disclaimer : I don't board this "train" whenever I see a couple. The above was just an example.

And I'll be happy that love exists in our world and the procreation of the human race can be sustained.Somehow.

This seems like it's gonna be a fucking long piece. I haven't even went in-depth on what I'm going to write..or type..ah...blog.

And thus concludes Part 1.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhmm... It'll come.....

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home