Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A so-called ordinary blog entry..or something like it.

As you may have read my preceding entry dated 20 February 2005,a little over 1 month and 22 days ago. God flicked on a switch. Not that it has any bearing here, in any sense. This blog is gonna be black...dark..gothic..doused with sporadic grave humor a la Tim Burton....well..not really.

And speaking of "not really", I just recalled something in my past life...around 4 - 5 years ago, when I was a wide-eyed intern in the Big Apple. Back then, I liked using "not really" as an answer, being the indecisive sod that I was(and probably still am). I got along fine with it and nobody(in Singapore) really questioned that until I started my internship at the law firm in NYC. After the round of introductions and orientations around the sprawling office, I settled myself in my cubicle in Corporate, and I was chit-chatting with my colleagues, Francis and Kristy (OMG..I still remember them!)...and then...I was asked...so do you like "so" and "so"?.

"Well.....not really," as per my standard reply.

"waaaaaaaiiiiiitttttt......so is that a yes or a no?" Kristy shot back.

I got stumped.

Suffice to say, since then, I've paid more attention to the nuances of language that I ever had been, though I'm still guilty of the occasional gaffe now and then.

Anyway, back to the main topic of this blog entry, and if you were reading it attentively, you would have noticed that there was none at all in the first place. Well, the main topic of this entry shall be...*drum-roll*.."How I found it easier to buy a pirated WE8i than an original version."

Guess the above says it all. If you didn't know already, I just got an xbox (unmodded) cos it was pretty cheap @ $200. So there I was...toting my wallet, in search of Winning Eleven 8 International (WE8i) original, since I can't play the economically-friendly versions. Went to 2 shops........"Sold Out.Come back next week."

Riiiigggghhhttt....

This, just after I came back from JB last Sat...where there was a gamut of shops selling DVDs and games and off-hand, I can think of 3-4 places in good ol' stiffy Singapore where I can(maybe, perhaps, might..No admittance of liability here.) find the so-called economically-friendly copies.

So now, I have to drop by town or Tampines MM to procure the original. I should really get it modded perhaps.

Oh yeah, just to add, as most of you may well know, I went for a 'lil holiday in Tokyo...and I got lotsa stuff to talk about and pics to post. I'll probably use this blog to tell you more next time.

And can you believe I'm writing this from the office? As my friend, Jessie, pointed out..."(she is) getting fat from procrastination..." and it happened to me. I'll shall get back to my work...but I'm so looking forward to my time-off later this afternoon, so that I can go to the movies.

Arrgh.Work beckons.

And I'm inspired by what another friend, Smark, wrote in his blog......"I dont want to know the meaning of life, just the meaning of mine." How so very true. (No..I don't mean I want to know the meaning of his life, though that would be nice, I meant I want to know the meaning of MINE too.)

Finally, I just want to say how strangely liberating this feels. Having your own blog kinda thing. Imma bit slow, I suppose, in jumping on the bandwagon. It's just feels so cool about being typing whatever you want and I think I shall end with a rhyme or a limerick.

There was a little boy,
who wanted to be a bee.
We asked if he could fly,
and he said..."Well..

Not really."

*bows*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home